Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Supply list for Folded Fabric project


I like to use the 4" spheres for my project. I plan on making about 5 of them and placing them in a pretty bowl for a centerpiece on my Christmas table. They may be hung on the front door with little bells attached, and there are a million uses that you will find for these beautiful "works of art" that are sooooo simple to make. Once you get the hang of it, you will be doing it in your sleep. I love doing it when I am taking a break from quilting.
Supplies: 4" styrofoam ball (sphere) I like that word as we shall be thinking of this as a world globe with East North south and West on it.
1/3 yd. focus fabric cut into 3 1/2" squares. You'll need 26 squares
1/4 yd. contrasting color fabric cut into 3 1/2" squares- need 16 sqs.
200 straight pins. (use applique pins if you have them, they are tiny
33 larger and longer pins about 1 1/2" long with pretty heads on them.
1 extra long pin such as a hat pin to hold the hanging loop
Ribbon: 1 pkg. of at least 1" wide Christmas ribbon or veleteen, etc. pretty pretty ribbon for sure!
Press fabric well before starting to cut. I keep a spray bottle of half water/ half vinegar to spray the center fold that is creased so well on most fabric. Spray and iron with a hot dry iron. DON"T USE STEAM!

No comments:

Post a Comment