Monday, December 13, 2010

December Seasonal Quilt attachment/ Christmas tree


The Christmas tree is so simple to make.....Cut a 7 1/2" X 6 1/2" rectangle. Fold it in half lengthwise as shown in the picture. Start at the top and cut out V shapes to get the branches, ending with the trunk of the tree as shown in the second picture. Decorate with tinsel, ric-rac or anything you might have that is miniature and shiny. There are even tiny Christmas lights out there in the stores! I happen to have these cute little Christmas packages that were on a string that I could use for my tree. You can be as elaborate as you wish. I plan to embellish all of my attachments next year before I start putting them on the quilt again.
I have found that I can pin the little attachments on with tiny safety pins easier than using the velcro. Works for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment