Saturday, November 27, 2010

Black Friday and Saturday MERCY!

Had a friend who woke up Friday morning at 3:00A.M.......got up at 4:00 and went shopping the sales....wow, that is really getting a head start on Christmas shopping. I have never been out shopping at 4 A.M. EVER, and hopefully I shall never be!
We had a lovely Thanksgiving, even though I thought I'd expire before the day was over. Lifting a 15lb. turkey out of the oven nearly did me in. First of all, I had to move the African violets out of my oven, dust the cobwebs out, and think, "How in the world do you turn this oven on?" It was at that point that I thought to myself, "Why in the world did I say I would do dinner for 10 people on Thanksgiving, when I should have been sitting on the sofa sipping my diet Coke, and watching the Cowboys get beat, again.
I guess I shall never learn my limitations. I would do it all over again, though. It was fun sitting down at the table with family and neighborhood friends. Thank goodness I remembered how to make my momma's "dressing and turkey gravy." She was a gourmet cook, and wrote down her directions for me the first year I was married. Of course, her directions started off with, "First, you pluck the turkey." She had a great sense of humor!
Hope you have taken all of the November attachments off your Seasonal Quilt. I am bagging up the attachments and labeling the plastic bags as to the month so that next year I'll have all of them ready.
December's attachments are pretty, so get busy making the poinsettias, and the next attachment is really fun to make.
Happy Days.............:)B

No comments:

Post a Comment